I have taught kindergarten for over 10 years and had never heard of the Scoot Game until my BBFF (Blogging Best Friend Forever) Kerri (from Mrs. Kerri and her Krazy Klass) let me preview one of her products a long time ago. You can visit her TPT store here.
My kiddos LOVE playing Scoot. Once you teach them the game the first time, they pretty much know how it goes every other time you play it. So here's how it goes...
1. Get the cards from your Scoot Game and do one of two things. Either place one card at each students desk/table or place the cards in a circle.
2. Each student gets a recording sheet and either take their seat at their table or wherever the teacher sets them on the floor.
3. The students look at the card in front of them and then answer the question on their recording sheet. Their answer must be written by the number that is on their card, or the answers will be wrong!
4. Then they scoot to the next card and do the same thing.
5. This continues until ALL of the cards have been answered and the answers are recorded on all of the blanks on the recording sheet.
It's pretty simple. It's a great way to review skills and units. So, I've created my first Scoot Game.
It's with beginning sounds, so it's will be easy for your kiddos to learn the game. I'm working on others and hopefully will have one ready to post for the rest of this week.
Today's scoot game not only has beginning sounds, but it's 8 games in one packet. There is one for 8 months (September-April). So you can pull them out for each holiday. I have Back to School, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Winter, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter.
You can get your copy at my TPT store HERE.
However, if you are one of the first 3 followers to comment, you can get yours for Free!
Just leave a comment with a Scoot game idea or something else you might like to see created and leave your email address. The first 3 followers to leave the comment will have the Scoot Game emailed to them for free.