Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Currently

Hello January 1st!

Now if it could stay the first for the next 3 days, I would be happy! I really don't want to go to work tomorrow.
Is that bad?  I've enjoyed my time at home and it makes me want to be home more, especially when Mason come. Which is SOON y'all! I can't believe it. I have 10 weeks to go, maybe less depending on my doctor's appt. next Thursday. SO MUCH TO DO!

Anywho, to take my mind off of things I'm here on the computer (again!) and am linking up with Farley and her Currently. Can you believe that I totally forgot to do December's and didn't even think about it until I started seeing January's pop up...OOPS!

So here is my Currently for this year.
  

1. Clint is off today so he's been getting in precious X-Box time. I personally don't mind because I can get stuff done while he's playing with his friends. I also think it's funny that he refers to his X-Box friends like I refer to my Blogger friends. It's pretty much the same thing, right?! =)

2. I've really enjoyed spending time with my family. Some days I would be lazy and stay at home, but for the most part I was at my parents or in-laws having dinner or celebrating the holidays. It's been so nice.

3. As I mentioned before, Mason will be here in 10 weeks! We still have floors to finish, a nursery to assemble and baby stuff to get. Yikes!

4. Just a couple more days. I would love to go back on the 7th like some friends of mine, but we did get out before they did. Oh well, at least I go back one day before the kiddos so I have time to clean up my classroom and get things ready.

5. Clint and I have a habit of spending beyond our means at Christmas. We tried to behave this year, but still didn't do a great job. That and we finally got him on a new insurance plan and that extra take out of his check really hit home this past weekend. We'll be okay though, just pray he can get some good sales in the next few weeks to help us out.

6. I was going to choose Balance as my OLW because I desperately need it. However, Faith seems to fit me and my life right now. Above all else, I need a strong faith. With the new excitement of a baby in March and providing for him, I need to keep my faith strong in God that we will be okay. That I will be the mommy I need to be and that Clint will be the daddy I know he will be.  That's why I chose faith over balance. If anything else, I have faith that I can balance my life between wife, mother and teacher.



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your upcoming little one! 10 weeks...wow! I hear you on wanting more time...it's always "I need just an extra day or two" If that played out in reality, we'd never go back. Ha! I really like your word choice. Faith is so important. It guides you through the tough times and walks with you during the calm times.

    Ms. Apple Blossoms
    http://www.msappleblossom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I LOVE your blog design! What a sweet post too. I know you and the hubs must be super excited about the new fellow on the way. We just got an XBOX for Christmas and the kiddos (that include my hubs and a 6 and 9 year old) are having so much fun. We only have a hunting game (Raising Country Boys) and a Racing game so far. It's given me some extra blogging time too! :)

    Just became your newest follower! Thanks for leaving a comment on our post too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and good luck on your little one coming! I hope everything goes smoothly with that. I hear you on the needing financial stability! Christmas is fun, but definitely stressful!
    Kate
    http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the word choice of faith! I can't believe so many people go back already-it makes me feel lucky for those few precious extra days. We didn't even go all out this year and I'm still on credit card probation! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so exciting that your little one is almost here! Hope you get everything set just the way you want it for him.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited to have accidentally fallen upon your blog tonight! It looks like I will be having lots of fun checking out your posts. Congratulations on your little one almost being here. My district also has us going back to school tomorrow....what's up with that??? I thought we were the only district so at least I will know there is someone else out there putting on a smile tomorrow:) Teaching is my absolute passion but having said that, I too, could use a few more days definitely. It just seems like we snapped our fingers at it is all over! LOL! I have been telling myself over and over today that I will live in a space of complete gratitude and not wish for a few more days.....Best of luck as your return to your precious kiddos!

    ReplyDelete