Monday, November 26, 2012

Turkey Photo Dump

I had several days last week where I could have come in here and posted these pictures, but I just could not find the will to get up and sit down at my computer.

Here is what happened in my room before Thanksgiving Break:

1st we did our hand print turkeys. This is pretty much a staple every year. If I don't do these, I didn't celebrate Thanksgiving.

 We did some turkey feather addition. Some of the got it, some not so much. For our first major attempt at a project with addition, I think they did well.

We made the Thanksgiving Story bracelets from A Differentiated Kindergarten. They LOVED this project!

Our home project this month was to disguise the turkey. Can you tell which two belong to my twins?

I found these turkeys on Lil Country Kindergarten. I about pulled my hair out, but we got it done!

We made a folder for all of our Thanksgiving goodies to take home last Tuesday. On the front they drew pictures of what they were thankful for and if they could, they labeled them.

 They made these adorable turkeys in art. The words Gobble Gobble Gobble are throughout the tissue paper.

Lastly, our totally unrelated Thanksgiving project. We made a cave and we have our teddy bears hibernating in there for the winter. Our story last week was Bear Snores On and each kiddo brought a teddy bear that they could part with and we put it in the cave. They are sleeping there, probably until February since I won't be there in March.

5 comments:

  1. It totally took me a minute to figure out which ones were twins. And then I saw the batmans! haha! too funny! I love the idea of making a cave and having bears hibernate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cave. Must do that in my classroom. Just have to figure out where....hmmmmm. Pinned to remind me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pictures!! Makes me miss teaching little kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cave and the idea of having the children bring their own bear... so fun. In my old classroom I made all the tables "caves" and we all crawled under... and this is even better!
    Working on a good place...

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    I do teacher training workshops. I am writing to ask permission to use the photo of the hibernation cave under the table in a Power Point Presentation. I will credit your site and provide your URL.
    Please respond to: epostman3@cox.net

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete