Saturday, May 19, 2012

Homework Calendar for 2012

Okay here it is! I am trying a new approach to homework next year and I am VERY excited about it!  As I've said a bazillion times before, this idea came from Shannon at Kindergarten Hoppenings and you can see her version HERE! I want to give credit where credit is due.  I kept the same projects as her as well as some of the home activities, but I tweaked her writing, math and traded out her Poetry Journal for Sight Word Practice.  It just worked better for me that way.

I also used DJ Inkers for my calendars.

So here's the plan:
Our school year starts the first week of August. That first month I do not have ANY homework set aside.  Instead I'll be focusing more on procedures, behavior..you know the usual starting up goings-on. 
The last week of August, parents will receive a homework folder with the following pages inside (click on the page to download).

The students will complete each assignment on their own terms and parents will initial each block when it is completed. The homework folder will be turned in at the end of each month for me to check, then given back immediately for the next month to start.

For writing practice and sight word practice , students will bring them in after completion (mainly to be checked to make sure NO parents are writing for them).

Many of the math games are my idea. The literacy games came from Shannon, again, I tweaked them for my personal usage.
***** BTW I have NO problem with you adapting my homework to fit your needs, but please give credit where it is due. Link back to my post and Shannon's which is linked up above!*****
The games can be played at home and kept at home...also any of the graphs or graphic organizers can be done and kept home too.  I'm only interested in collecting the letter work and sight word work.

So here is September, October and November. Please remember that the letter order is from Scott Foresman Reading Street and the unit work goes with my curriculum that I posted YESTERDAY.
Click on each pic to download.





I'll be working on the rest later. Now I'm moving on to the first few weeks of school and getting things back in order. I still have 3 1/2 days with my kiddos. Bad thing is that we had to send home ALL of their supplies and things yesterday. No backpacks next week. Ugh!

Remember..comment and let me know what you think and if you choose to use them and change up things, that is fine..but give credit =)

4 comments:

  1. These are great!! Thank you so much! We are sending home things on Monday and I know how you feel the last couple of days are kind of hard to get through without supplies...we are having game day and puzzle day. The kids love these days:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have some fun days for the kiddos planned, so yeah I'll be keeping them plenty busy. We have Beach Day tomorrow, Summer Birthday Celebrations and Game Day too!

      Delete
  2. Thanx!!! i love having something the kiddos can make with parents. Maybe I can finally feel like the parents know whats going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I really hope this helps with the parents helping out at home and lets them know how important working with their students is.

      Delete