Monday, July 18, 2011

A Whole Lotta Linky Party - Day 1

 
How I'm Spending my Summer Vacation
by Laura 

My summer started the last week of May and only has 2 weeks left.  It started off with a week of resting and chilling out.  Then I had an interview at a new school.  The interview was on Friday, June 10th and I got the call Monday June 13th that I had been offered the job. I very happily accepted!
My new school is within 3 minutes driving time from my house, compared to the 30 I had been driving for the past 8 years. Needless to say, because of the economy, I was stoked!
The best part was that my new principal said..."you will be teaching kindergarten!"
I know I could teach any grade, but kindergarten is what I know and love.

The rest of June was non-eventful, minus the trip to Nashville to see New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys!  Ahh, to relive the days of my youth =)

July has been kind of boring as well.  I've mainly spent it blog stalking and creating things for my own blog.  It has also been spent with Professional Development classes and trips to the teacher center. Yes, the life of a teacher is never ending.  And who says we have summers off.
I know I don't!

The reason for know trips, my husband is jobless at the moment and decided to go back and get his GED.  He is wanting to go to school to be an X-ray technician.  I'm so proud of him for finally doing this.  I may nag sometimes for the way money is so tight around here right now, but he's doing what he needs to do and we'll be fine.

And that's how my summer has turned out this year.

Link up with us at Clutter-Free Classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment